Kinetixized? I can hear you thinking already. What‚Äôs that?
Well, in our not-so-technical definition, a Kinetixized job description is one that has the #BleedOrange touch. It‚Äôs a description of the job that‚Äôs far from the ordinary, and is compiled by the marketing team to purposefully catch the eye of candidates while giving them a flavor for your company.
All right, I can tell you‚Äôll need more explanation. Here‚Äôs what puts Kinetixized ahead of the pack.
This is your average, run-of-the-mill job description that I grabbed off every jobseeker‚Äôs friend, Indeed:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to National Account Manager and Assistant Account Manager as they facilitate the housing process from start to finish.
- Search for temporary housing options for displaced policyholders and present them to the National Account Manager for approval.
- Facilitate and negotiate short-term leases with landlords that meet customer requirements and provide a cost-effective solution for their housing needs.
- Coordinate and oversee any and all required paperwork to ensure a successful experience.
- Prepare and manage required documents/database to complete the housing process and submit for billing.
- Assist with inbound calls related to the department and coming in to the company main line.
Job Type: Part-time
We don‚Äôt know about you, but our eyes started to glaze over as we read that. While nothing is structurally wrong with the job description, there‚Äôs nothing particularly great about it either.
Where was the insight into what it‚Äôs actually like to work at the company? Where was that thing that took the post from ‚Äújust another job‚Äù to ‚ÄúI HAVE to apply for this‚Äù?
For comparison, here‚Äôs what we did with a standard sales posting:
Got sales skills? We need an upbeat Territory Sales Manager who can own a territory, represent a top-tier company, and sell the best tankless gas water heaters in the country.
Think you‚Äôve got what it takes?
Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won‚Äôt Tell You
Impress the boss on Day 1: Come in ready to crush goals and sales targets within your territory.
Why you‚Äôre right for the job: You‚Äôve got your eye on the prize and CRAVE growth opportunities in the sales industry.
Keep walking if: You struggle at setting your own schedule and working independently; this is a home-based gig with significant time out in the field.
Nerd Alert: You‚Äôve got the sales chops and you can show them off; your outside sales achievements speak for themselves!
Bonus points awarded for: Cool sales experience in the plumbing or HVAC industry.
Because Life is Just Better with A Bulleted List
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop new business opportunities in all sales channels to include, but not limited to, Residential New Construction, Repair and Replace, Commercial, Plumbing, HVAC, and Energy
- Coordinate and conduct ongoing comprehensive product training to all channel partners including distributors, contractors, manufacturers reps, engineers, builders, and others
- Provide detailed reports on competitive intelligence, product requirements, and pertinent information learned from customers, and ensure accurate reporting of all sales activity
- Implement and provide pricing, applicable discounts, and rebates to qualified customers
Skills & Requirements
- 3-7 years of outside sales experience; strong preference for plumbing or HVAC industry experience
- Proven track record of outside sales achievement
- Self-motivated; able to set own schedule and work independently
- Excellent relationship-building skills; positive sales-oriented personality
- Good driving record, and willing to hit the road!
Kinetixizing is just a short, fun way to engage your candidates. Job-searching can be tedious, but we‚Äôre determined to make our job descriptions one that no one can ignore‚Äîand maybe be that job description that attracts the purple squirrel our client has been looking for.
Are you ready to take the humdrum out of your JDs? Call Kinetix. We know all the tricks to getting candidate interest!